Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Expanding business with Wiki, GPS and RFID

A double read up on the article, I would suggest that wiki is a side where business can hardly be conducted such as e commerce. I am not saying it’s not a good site but somehow rather I find there’s no privacy as anyone can do posting and adjustment onto the comments or even news update. It may be a site for education, forum, and even a portal where groups of people come in and have a discussion over some issues such as the webpage NiceNet.org, my lecturer used to post up questions for us to answer and discuss. Maybe Wiki could conduct small business where by it concerns more on customer relationships than sales profit.

As for implementing GPS into businesses, its sounds good as it can help transporters to deliver their goods to certain unknown places. If GPS could be used in shopping malls, it could help those that got lost in such huge shopping mall. I once went Ikea, Damansara with my family and no doubt all KL’s shopping malls are quite huge and you can seriously get lost easily. As we was there doing our shopping on furniture, my dad asked me to get some things in his car. My bro and I went to get it and we got lost in the car park as we would find our dad’s car. We went from B2 to B3 to look for it and fearing whether it has been stolen or what. Somehow when we show the ticket to one of the guards, he told us that our car was parked at level B4. So if that moment I have a GPS, I guess all of us wouldn’t had freak out which we would have just find our way back to our car without getting lost.

RFID, I would also suggest the same thing with GPS. Having a system that could detect where your car is locate and park, without getting hazel to look for it. RFID, Radio Frequency Identification as discussed in the article is said to be widely used in the field of logistics where shipment processes and operations could be easily tracked by the use of RFID tags which emits a radio signal to be interpreted by the radio tower which enables details and information of products to be detected. RFID aids businesses as business operations are more organized with the help of RFID technology. If we were to implement it on shopping malls, other than hyper markets, yet to the parking ticket. Whereby a system body will be place inside the shopping mall when one got lost and has no idea where his car is, can just scan through the ticket and it’ll shows you your car location. I guess this might work out as told with GPS paragraph that lots of people tend to get lost in shopping malls and some of the security guards are not as friendly or knowledgeable to be helpful.

No comments: